THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 21, 2007

My experience of buying MP3 players

I previously bought a MP3 player in 5 or 6 years ago if I wasn’t mistaken. The brand of the MP3 player is known as Targa and it is in a bolt shape. The design and aesthetic values did help in my mood of purchasing it as the Apacer series turn me back from laying my fingers on the power button. However, the maximum storage capacity of the Targa MP3 player was only 128 Mb. Unfortunately, approximately 3-4 Mb had been consumed by the player by producing folders, sub-folders, and some are used up for system configuration – settings for the overall system. So, it costs me for RM360 when I bought during the time, where the MP3 players started to gain recognition in the world of electronic gadgets.


As time went by, I made another dent in my wallet by buying the Creative ZEN Neeon 1Gb MP3 player. The size of the player is so slim and the weight is merely on par with a feather ( am I exaggerating ? aiks ! ). The LED display of the player is subjected to only two colours which are the Laser Blue and Orange. The overall face colour of the player is a two-tone black and blue depending on the storage capacity. The good of the player is very slim and the barely weight a few ounces. The music quality is average as the sound can be boosted up to the max volume but offering some distortion effect. The other point is that the LED display is too small, scrolling the wheel in order to browse through the songs available did stir up my mood of listening to music. Furthermore, uploading the quantity of songs to approximately 1Gb will slow the whole machine down. This is because, when I bought it as an empty player, the loading is quite pleasing, but adding tracks into the machine will take some time for it to finish loading every song in the storage in order to display them for the user to browse.



The glossy finish of the MP3 player is giving me an eye-sore. The glossy and shiny surface of the player is not COOL at all ! The surface is another fingerprint magnet and whoever removed the protective tape to get a firm hold of the player will also produce smudgy spots on the casing. The greatest weakness is that the MP3 player is easily scratched even though you thought that you put in a great effort of covering your favourite gadget against all the vulnerable damages. This player definitely came without scratch-protective coating. The theory applies to the Epson 3-in-1 (AIO) CX5500 ( Asian model ) which I am currently using. So, buying MP3 players take great effort of doing surveys and researches on the internet or getting feedbacks from friends so that you won’t waste another minute sitting on the couch to flashback all the silly mistakes that are committed.

No comments: